Author's Interview with April Harper

Let's start with our Authors Interview, I would like to start with an introduction. 

1. Could you please introduce yourself to us?
My name is April Harper. I am a wife, mother of 9 wonderful people through a crazy blended family, grandmother to 5 and the author of Broken Essentials- A novel.
2. Congratulations on your book. So what inspired you to write this book?
I absolutely love this question! Broken Essentials was written for anyone who has a daughter, niece, granddaughter, or anyone with a female close to them. It was written in the hopes that real conversations could happen. In life, we all make mistakes. It is not the mistakes that define who we are, but the healing that takes place afterward. I wrote Broken Essentials as a tool to be used for self-reflection, healing, understanding, and accountability. It is too often that people as a whole do not understand the unintentional harm they may cause; especially through their actions. It is important to understand that sometimes, it is not what a person says, but rather the words that are never spoken that cause the most damage.
3. What is the book all about?
In Broken Essentials readers get a rare peek at the inner thoughts of Denise, a young girl, as she struggles with pregnancy at the age of 19 years old, being a daughter to a mother who is in her own struggles and growth, and trying to find love, peace, and understanding of herself. It is a realistic look at what life looks like through the eyes of a girl who feels unsupported, misunderstood, and lacks self- love.
4. Why did you choose this genre for your book?
I chose to write in this genre for several reasons. First, this is the genre that speaks the loudest to my heart. Second, as I began writing Broken Essentials, I realized that my greatest desires come from helping others. I have always felt the need to be a voice for the unheard.
5. How much time did it take to complete this book?
Broken Essentials took me approximately 9 months to draft.
6. What makes your Book Special?
Broken Essentials will always be special to me because she is my first novel. I believe that she is able and will be special to so many people because it is written with raw emotion and familiarity. Each character was designed so that anyone can read Broken Essentials and relate to one or more characters. Readers are able to visualize each character as their mother, daughter, aunt, niece, or the lady down the street. If not completely, in one instance or more.
7. When is your second book coming?
I am currently working on my next book. It will be making its debut early 2021.
8. While writing did you get any writer's block? What is the Tip that you will give others who are facing a writer's block?
Writer's block is the absolute worst. My advice, step away from the book. Do something that you enjoy, even if it is just binge-watching your favorite show. Just remember, writer's block is temporary.
9. Apart from being a talented author, what are your other hobbies?
Being a mother to 9 children, when I am not writing something, I spend a lot of my time working with them on their dreams. I can be found doing anything from recording Tik Tok videos with my youngest son to discovering new wines with my 23-year-old to learning sign language and football- by force. When all of that is complete, there is no place better than my bed!
10. Last but not the least, How did you feel, while giving this interview?
This was amazing! I want to thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to speak with you. I also want to thank you for your support with Broken Essentials and all the other Authors you graciously share your platform with. It is truly an amazing thing.
Profile ID: Instagram | Book Link | Book Review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author's Interview with Shivangi Sharma

Author's Interview by Kamal Niranjan.