Author's Interview with Trisha McKee

Let's start the Author's Interview with an introduction. 

1. Could you please introduce yourself to us?
Hi! My name is Trisha McKee. I live in a small town in Pennsylvania, I work for Penn State University. I'm a mom and a wife, and a writer. I'm a survivor of a dark childhood, and I think that's what has steered my life in this direction. To be better, to receive better. To give life my best and enjoy the days now that I'm free from that.
2. Congratulations on your book. So what inspired you to write this book?
Thank you! I wanted to write something, a romance that started while fishing. My husband and I are very different, but we both love to go fishing. And he is not a very romantic person, but when we go fishing, he is. He carries all the equipment, he helps me in and out of the boat. I swoon. And it inspired this.
3. What is the book all about?
This book is about overcoming. Whether it is a bad childhood, failed marriage, mistakes in parenting, or even one's insecurities. Ella has to figure out her life after ending a marriage of over twenty years. She has to find her joy again. And she has to be brave enough to take chances. I think that can resonate with a lot of people. She falls in love, but she has to come to terms with whom she is and how her past affects her before taking that leap.
4. Why did you choose this genre for your book?
You know, it's funny. I write short stories. Most of the short stories are horror and sci fi. But for my novels, it is romance. Total romance. I love the twists and turns that romance can take, the falling in love and navigating each other's emotional baggage, the past. Figuring out if this can work and if love really can overcome all.
5. How much time did it take to complete this book?
It took about two months. This was while working full-time and also getting over 50 short stories published. I don't sleep much.
6. What makes your Book Special?
What makes Beyond the Surface special is that it isn't focused on just a couple and their love story. This focuses on emotions beyond that. It focuses on three generations of trauma, toxicity, and healing. There is no perfect relationship, no flawless journey. I try to capture that while also lending hope.
7. When is your second book coming?
You know... hopefully soon. I'm just polishing it up.
8. While writing did you get any writer's block? What is the Tip that you will give others who are facing a writer's block?
Every now and then I get stuck. And I just keep writing. I think that is the important thing. Even if every word has to be pulled out, even if the sentences are clumsy, and the characters are not behaving... keep writing. If it persists, I leave the house. Go for a walk or shopping. Usually, something jolts me back to that writing space in my head.
9. Apart from being a talented author, what are your other hobbies?
Oh my, I am such a hobby person. I love fishing, reading, walks... I love puzzles and throwing dinner parties. There is so much to do and so much to love doing.
10. Last but not the least, How did you feel, while giving this interview?
I felt comfortable and happy. Thank you so much!
Profile: Instagram| Book Links | Book Review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author's Interview with Shivangi Sharma

Author's Interview by Kamal Niranjan.