Aurthor's Interview with Florina Bereschi

First, before we move forward with our Authors Interview, I would like to start with an introduction. 

1. Could you please introduce yourself to us?
Hello and thank you for this interview. I'm Florina Bereschi, a maturing writer and a published Romanian author among many other things that we all are. 
2. Congratulations on your book. So what inspired you to write this book?
Thank you! "Beyond Worlds" or the universe of it emerged from an emotion. This niggling feeling that we have at least once in our life of not belonging, of not being suitable for our skin, unfitting, being strangers in our own world. You just need to explore these negative emotions from all angles and you have a story to tell. 
3. What is the book all about?
What I want the book to be about is: the collision between people and where it throws us, how fate changes, how we're dolls of someone else's device. However, on the surface, the book is about a group of teenagers, rebels, outside an utopian system-Markar that end up fighting for the safety of that constraining system. Among them, two siblings begin to play a massive role in the fate of Markar and its rulers. 
4. Why did you choose this genre for your book?
I am passionate about the past as much as the future. The Past gives you a foundation while the Future gives you infinite possibilities of creating whatever you want. I grew up with sci-fi novels and films so I wanted to give it a chance, to test my writing skills. 
5. How much time did it take to complete this book?
On and off, about three or four years. I tend to work on two stories simultaneously so it takes time to do the research and fall in the right mindset. 
6. What makes your Book Special?
Well, it's mine so I hope it is special. I play a lot with emotions, instilling them into my characters and making a mess out of them. We're feeling 24/24 so I want my readers to find it comforting that someone else is going through that ordeal, as well. 
7. When is your second book coming?
It's in the making that I can tell you for sure. With a bit of luck and lots of ambition from my side, it will be ready by 2021.
8. While writing did you get any writer's block? What is the Tip that you will give others who are facing a writer's block?
Of course, I did! There are so many factors that can put you off as a writer - a job, the wrong person in your life, a bad day with your folks, too much drinking or no drinking at a lame party, being misunderstood, your loved ones not respecting your writing path, a sunny or rainy day and so on. The best you can do is not beating yourself up because of it. If I may quote a British pop band - "They say the best way out, it's through" (Hurts). So go through it, feel bad, fall down, you'll inevitably get up with a stronger thirst for writing. 
9. Apart from being a talented author, what are your other hobbies?
I sometimes draw, all sorts of abstract things, I think it's understood that reading is like breathing for a writer so can't say that's a hobby. I like being in nature and just observing life. Or playing PC games, whatever kills time in a pleasurable way when I want it to be killed. 
10. Last but not the least, How did you feel, while giving this interview?
Really cozy, like a pleasant chat with friends. I'm glad we did this! I hope you have fun going through my answers. 
Book Review: https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/beyond-worlds-one-of-us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author's Interview with Shivangi Sharma

Author's Interview by Kamal Niranjan.