Perpetual Dread by Brian Bowyer.

The Blurb: 

A mother’s diabolical son plans a school massacre while her daughter battles brain cancer. A murdered dog returns to haunt the house in which it died. A lovelorn woman seeks eternal revenge through black magic. An assassin falls for a prostitute and attempts to kill her inhuman pimp. These scenarios and more fill this terrifying collection—sixteen tales of horror that will linger in your mind long after you’ve turned off the lights.

The Story:

This book consists of 16 short stories that will awake your protective instincts while reading these psychological horror stories. The book starts with a Marica mother of 2 sons and a daughter fighting with cancer after she couldn't take anymore, she shoots his sons who were evil in every way you can think of, then giving all the medicines at once to her daughter and finally taking her own life, what do you think would have happened for her to take this dreadful decision? What did her sons do? 

So the book continues with the second story, a story of Mick, who is psychologically unstable because he sees his dead sister in every woman he meets, the sister that wanted to kill him when he was only 6 years old. So what do you think happened with him when while traveling to Death Valley he meets 2 girls, are they dead now? or something else happened? 

The book continues with more 14 chilling, horrifying, frightening, and nerve-racking stories that will surely keep your interest to read this book in a weird way. 

My Take:

Perpetual Dread is the 2nd book I m reading of author Brian Bowyer and I just can't get enough of his stories. 

I like the way author Brian Bowyer writes his stories. He first introduces the characters, then he leads us in believing in a totally different concept, then builts the suspense, tension and after a chilling ending he ends the story with a normal note but that's not the end because when you least expect it, with a boom he drops a most frightening bomb on us that will make anyone lose their mind in paranoia.

Personally, I think this book is very addictive in a weird way, I say wired because even though the book has murders, evil, unexplained things, horror, psychological minds, I still loved reading the book. I have not read many horror books before and I still even now I'm not certain, but I m sure as hell, I can say that I can read Brian Bowyer books any time and any day. Also rereading it will have the same effect as it had the first time. 

The concept of this book is unique and seems very realistic also is some characters it may seem like the author is talking about himself,(see its the after-effects of reading this book, it makes you imagine things.) I can't wait to read more of his stories and books. 

Overall a creepy but stunning book that will evoke a sense of dread in you. I would like to recommend this book to all, to read once and feel the way I feel that is speechless. So click here and read now Perpetual Dread by Brian Bowyer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author's Interview with Shivangi Sharma

Author's Interview by Kamal Niranjan.